Monday, May 17, 2010

Strait and Narrow Path...

Hola Familia!

This week has been good! I’m glad to hear that yours has gone well. There actually isn’t too much to report. In the upcoming zone conference (not sure when), we are going to have a meeting with Elder Bowen, one of the Seventies over this area. That should be really cool! I am excited and looking forward to it. Also, I should be getting your package! :)

Oh - I do have a question. What happened with Flash when we called? Or did he not notice?

I’ve included some pictures - two of the sky and one of the road I walk every day to get to my area. I wish I had photographic memory! That way I could always remember the beautiful sights here in Paraguay. [We have posted these on his missionsite.net blog]

I guess the main thing I can report is that I have really learned how to humble myself and rely on the Lord for help. I can testify that He really does answer prayers. Maybe not the way we would like, but answer them He does! He is our loving Heavenly Father who is always there for us! We just need to reach out! We can reach out through faith - belief coupled with actions - and a willingness to do the Lord’s will. When we are focused on what we want to do, it is awfully hard to feel the promptings of the Holy Ghost. When we are really open and willing to act on the answer we receive is when we can recognize the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Galatians 5:20 (I think...) gives us some of the fruits of the Spirit, or ways we can recognize His promptings.

I wish I had more to say this week. But I can’t really think of anything. I hope all is going well with y’all. I promise to write more next week. Thank you for all of your love and support!

Con mucho amor

Elder David Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment