Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Beginning of Fall

Dear Family

This week... fun stuff! That is so cool that Dad wants to go surfing again! It´ll be fun to go surfing with him. Pool party!! Fun stuff! Sounds like you all had a blast with that. I remember having done that. It was always a lot of fun. Somehow you always have to find fun stuff for the youth.

You know what? In our meeting today (I am in Asuncion for today and tomorrow) we talked about Sister Vero Martinez going on her mission. It so awesome to see how people progress!!! Got to love it.

Good work getting the morning glory... that´s hard stuff! ;).

It sounds like the ward is progressing!! That is awesome! I can´t wait to go back and speak in ALL Spanish... hehehe... :).

Well, we had divisions with the assistants this week. We found a lot of potential investigators so we will see where that all goes. I am super excited to be here in Ciudad del Este. It is one of the hardest areas I have been in to find people who progress to teach, but one of the most rewarding. I really do enjoy being here and teaching the people the Plan of Salvation.

Yesterday was Elder Eddy´s birthday, so that was fun. He gave a really good talk about the Book of Mormon! What we have is SO valuable to the people. We were talking one day, Elder Eddy and I, about what would it be like to not have the gospel knowledge that we have. I wouldn´t have a purpose in life. I´d be lost! Really, I would! What would I have to look forward to? Work, maybe having a family some day, college parties, not so great hobbies that many young adults find themselves in. There wouldn´t be any path to walk! It´s like Alice in Wonderland... if we have no idea where we want to be, it doesn´t matter what road you take. Something like that. I mean, if I didn´t know that God loved me; I would have no motivation to keep the commandments. If I didn´t know if there was life after death, I would feel pointless working so hard to raise a family. If I didn´t know that there are consequences for sins, I would have no reason not to. But this is what I do know. That Christ is our Savior, that He loves us in his infinite mercy and charity. That God is our Heavenly Father, that He desires our Salvation and wants to bless us. That there is a plan in life, that God is Just yet Merciful at the same time. That there is a purpose to my life. That there are so many blessings, temporal and spiritual of keeping the commandments. I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me, and really the fact that I can live with my Heavenly Father again. I love being a missionary, I love being here in Paraguay. It isn´t easy, but what is easy and still worth it? NADA!!

I love you all! I am out of time. Take care of yourselves! A BIG HUG!!

With a lot of love,

Elder David Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment