Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Delayed Mail... The Email was Stuck in the Server...

Dear Mom and Dad (and everybody),

Well, this week has been really quick! It seems like I was just writing my letter home yesterday! Just for kicks and giggle, I decided not to have any sweets this week (cookies, chocolate milk, etc.), and what do I get? COOKIES! 3 packages of them! And Mike is sitting by me right now doing TALL (Technology Assisted Language Learning, it's a computer program that helps teach languages...) The irony of things... hahaha. But the cookies are great! :)

We've been transitioning more into Spanish this week, which I am REALLY grateful for. I've found that using Spanish is MUCH more beneficial than just learning bits and pieces of it.

This week's devotional was given by Elder Stephen E. Snow. I participated in the MTC Choir too - and we sang "Joseph Smith's First Prayer." That was actually quite fun!! And I sat by Mike during the devotional, so that was a definite plus too. Elder Snow talked about incorporating hymns into our lessons and the power of music to invite the Holy Ghost. He also taught us that obedience and hard work solve all of our concern and doubts. How true that is!!

Wow... for some reason I don't have a lot to say this week. We got a new district in our zone, and they are all heading off to Argentina, Buenos Aires South. It was kinda fun to help them get used to the MTC.

I guess the only really fun thing this week that my teacher, Hermano Hanson, taught us a few Guarani phrases. The Bookstore has Guarani copies of the Book of Mormon, but they were out of stock. So I'm going to have to see if I can get my hands on one if I can!

I'm sorry this letter is so short! I promise I'll have a lot more to say next week! Take care of yourselves!!

Love,

Elder David Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment