Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Independence Day

Hola Familia!

This letter will be a little shorter than normal. I was writing to the Argentina Elder Watson. I was glad to hear that all things are good with Dad. Also I was glad to hear about Elder Jalaty’s mission call! I know he's going to have the best time of his life because his mission is the best - for him. Paraguay is still the best - for me. I love my experiences here and I'm learning a lot every day. I got letters from Joanna, Michelle, and Elder Jalaty. I will wait a bit and send all my letters with my package. This will give me time to write to everyone, because I do not yet know which cards have arrived. Now, I have to write to Wendy Bentley, Aunt Wendy, Michelle, Joanna, and Elder Jalaty. I hope I do not miss anyone. If I have, please let me know. I do not want to forget anyone this whole Paraguay mail has made me really confused. Thanks!

Well - I will tell you about one of my very good experience. We were knocking on doors, giving short lessons to all those who were willing to listen. A young man would not listen, but one sister (25 years old) came to the door.  We shared with her a pamphlet on how the Gospel of Jesus Christ can help our families to have more joy and happiness. She liked it very much and wanted to spend the next Saturday (long for an appointment!). Well, we and his father told us “that's another day.” Very common to hear that, but we talked a little about the game (Paraguay who lost  ). He left us and called his daughter. We had a very special lesson! She told us that “we were the answer to my (her) prayers.” We talked about how the gospel can give us faith and hope. She has many problems with his family (her father is a chronic alcoholic) and needed God's help. By the end of our lesson, she told us that she didn’t need to pray about the truthfulness of our message “I know it is true.” She wants to be baptized without delay. We didn’t say anything about baptism until she told us she wanted to be baptized. What Purity! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that this work is the work of the Lord. We had the guidance of the Holy Spirit to find and teach. I wanted to dance and sing with her after the lesson. Indeed, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, called to serve the people of Paraguay.

I’ve run out of time. I love you!

Elder David Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment