Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Pioneer Day

Querido Familia!

Well, I am gonna give this a shot in English. Forgive me if I spell something wrong or use the wrong phrase. It gets harder and harder every day to speak in English - more on that later! - but that’s alright. I don’t need English so much here. It’s going to be great fun to try and get used to hearing and speaking it after the mission, but I’m not worrying about that so much right now. If only Google could translate better! Oh well. It’s was great to hear about this week for y’all! It sounds like things went really well! It was great to get a couple of emails from Nana and Papa, Grandma Lynn and Ken, and a letter from Sister Dunst. THANKS!!!!!! I really love each and every letter I get! It’s amazing to hear how life is going for everyone. Speaking of life in the outside world, I saw my friend Chase Murphy from BYU in the Liahona issue of General Conference. Page 63 or something like that. It was a great surprise! Also, I met Elder Severs (spelling?) from Orem Utah, who is Jake Watson’s buddy. It was fun to talk with him a little bit today. Another good surprise from our zone meeting today is that I got to talk with Elder Sorensen, one of the missionaries from my old district. That was definitely fun too!

Alrighty. This week. Well, I am going to talk about my English experience for the week. We were doing our daily contacts, and we started talking with a guy... who responded to me in English. I don’t know if I didn’t realize it or what, but I kept talking in Spanish. He told in perfect English, ‘You’re still not talking to me in English.’ It was a little bit of a shocker and I had to talk to him in English. Nothing came out of it, but that was my fun with English for the week.

What’s next... oh! We are going to have another baptism this week! He’s the brother of someone we found tracting and he is amazing! He’s one of the smartest kids I’ve met here! He’s really intelligent and the best student in his class at his high school. I love teaching at his house because all of his cousins and family members (the kids) come to listen and learn. I’ve found that I’ve had some of my best experiences teaching when there are kids present. For some reason, it’s just always better! :)

Well, I think I’ll end this here. I know that it has been such a blessing to be serving here in Paraguay. I learn so much every day. I love reading the Book of Mormon, Bible, and Preach My Gospel every day. There is so much to learn! It doesn’t really matter where I read, whether it’s something I’ve read 100 times or never before, something always calls the attention. I know that this is the Lord’s work. I can feel the Spirit testify every time we teach. It’s amazing when I get to see how the gospel blesses someone’s life! There is no doubt that this is the Lord’s work! It’s amazing to know that we have a loving Heavenly Father, and that he has placed a prophet to guide us! Thomas Monson is the man called to lead us in our days, and he has the power and authority of God to do so. He receives guidance for us! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church! I also love that we have the opportunity to talk with our Heavenly Father through prayer. It’s not just a one way street! He does listen and answer. We just have to be ready to accept His answer. It may not be right away, but He will answer. Of this I testify as a representative of Jesus Christ.

Well, I love you all! I wish I had more time to talk about everything that happens. I appreciate all of your love and prayers! Everyone I know has made an impact on my life! There are just too many people to name them all! But first and foremost I am so grateful for my family. Immediate and extended. There’s so much I learned from them! I’d never be who I am today if it weren’t for them. I love y’all more than I can express! Take care of yourselves! TE QUIERO!

Con mucho amor,

Elder David Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment