Monday, June 7, 2010

Bordering Asuncion North Mission - Elder Felix... Where are you?

Hola Familia!

Wow! Not much has happened in the past four days besides the fact that I have been getting to know the investigators and members of Lucerito. Lucerito is split into two halves along the ruta. We have the north side of the ruta while the District Leader and his companion have the southern part. Funnily enough, part of my area está justo al lado de Misión Norte. So if Elder Felix happens to be next to Lucerito (I have no idea what the area is called :( ), we are practically next to each other! Hahaha. Anyway. We have been working hard! It’s starting to get pretty cold at night here, but with all the walking, it’s not too bad. :). We found 3 new families to teach - 2 of them are related to each other! So we are going to keep on working hard, finding people to teach, and helping them come unto Christ through His restored gospel.

You did what, Mom??? WOW! I wish I could have been there to see that! It’s good to know that the Young Women are learning to take care of themselves just in case they are stuck on the side of the road with no one to help. Knowing car mechanics is always a good thing :). School’s over? Already? No way! Time is going by so fast! It seems like yesterday I was in the snow! But that was 3 months ago... g whiz! It seems to be getting faster and faster with every day. I was thinking the other day that time IS faster than the speed of light... but I just can’t prove it... hahaha.

I hope Josh comes here! Maybe I can be his entrenador! That would be wickedly sweet! Wherever he goes, I know that is where the Lord has called him to serve. Estoy tan anímado para él. SWEET! :D. That probably means any paper letter I send won’t get there in time. Chiste. Snail mail in Paraguay really is snail mail. Hahaha.

Bryan’s already having his Eagle Court?? Wow wee! That’s so great! I’m really excited for him! Go Bryan!!

I am glad to hear that Flash is alright. Dogs and health issues can be confusing. For me at least. I’m just happy to know Flash is good! :).

This Sunday was a really good fast and testimony meeting. First of all, it was nice to sing along to a piano! Second, almost all of the congregation (50 or so) bore their testimonies! I was invited to introduce myself and bear my testimony. It’s a little easier to be in front of a bunch of people, but I’m pretty sure some of the things I said didn’t make sense. But that’s alright! Still working on it. I’m really working on speaking better Spanish than my first area. There people would say ‘Yo conoce, yo tiene, vines (en vez de ven), Tu tengo,’ algo así. Claramente, Guarani es el primer idoma allí. Probablamente eso es como le perezco a la gente de Paraguay. Pero, está bien! Todavía estoy aprendiendo! Ahora, hablo casí todo in Castellano, aun en la casa con Elder Freeman. Creo que esto va a ayudarme a aprender más rapido y mejor. Cuando hablo en ingles, mi Castellano falta mucho. Entonces, el más castellano yo hablo, el mejor mi castellano puede ser. Tambien, me ayuda mucho que no tengo que hablar en Guanarí. Más tiempo para mejorar mi Castellano. Me gusta mucho Lucerito y el trabajo acá. Muy diferente que Ca’aguazú, pero, tambien, muy bueno. No necesitamos preocuparnos sobre la hora, y podemos enfocarnos más en el trabajo. Parece que Elder Silva y yo vamos a estar por 3 meses juntos porqué él tiene solamente un cambio acá en Lucerito. Espero que sí porqué estamos trabajando muy bien juntos.

I know that this is the Lord’s work! There is no other way I could possibly be here and learning Spanish and teaching in it so well. Well, as good as I have gotten. There is no way I could have received so much help from the Lord if this wasn’t His work. The Book of Mormon really is another testament of Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith was a prophet, called of God to restore His authority and power on the Earth once again - the priesthood. Through the priesthood, or God’s power and authority, we can be together, as families, for all time and eternity. We can receive divine help from the Lord. But it only comes through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This church is the same church Jesus established in His days, only that it is now in our day, or the latter days. The time to come unto our Savior and God isn’t later. You start thinking about a bunch of tomorrows and find that you have a bunch of empty yesterdays. The time to act is now. I promise that we can receive many blessings from the Lord through our obedience. And we can know it is true through prayer. Prayer is communication with our Father in Heaven. Through it, we can know the truth. It’s that simple. All we have to do is be sincere and willing to act on that answer. As a messenger of Jesus Christ, I testify of these things. I know they are true, and you can too. Put our Father in Heaven to the test. As we are told by Malachi in his last chapter, the Lord challenges us to put Him to the test. But we have to be sincere and willing to obey His messengers.

I love you all! I hope all is going well! I have heard that some of my letters haven’t been going through - I sent one to Aunt Wendy, Wendy Bentley, Amy McGreevy, Abe Wilson, and to you. I hope it arrives! Those letters were really good! I am praying for all of you! Take care!

Con mucho amor,

Elder David Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment