Monday, June 21, 2010

A letter in Spanish, Translated

David's letter this week was in all Spanish.  We have translated it to the best of our ability.  We have included both the English translation along with his original Spanish email.

Hi Family!

I only have a small amount of time today – I had to go to the office for an interview with President Callan. As always, appointments are not always on time, but I have to take advantage of the opportunities given me.

This last week was very good. We had six investigators in the church yesterday, one that already has a baptismal date. We will work with others who are interested this week.  They are very good, and I am encouraged to work with these families. They are very interested in how they can improve their lives and the status of their families. I have seen the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives already. They are more happy, united, and have a reason to strive to live with our Heavenly Father after this life. We have five things we need to accomplish during our lives. These things are faith in Jesus Christ, repentance of our sins, baptism for the remission of our sins by someone who has the authority and power of God, receiving the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands and endurance, or being faithful to the end of our lives. I know these things make a difference. This can help us become closer to our Savior and our Heavenly Father also. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Church of Jesus Christ. Indeed, there is one Lord, one faith, and one baptism. These can be performed only in the true church of Jesus Christ. You just have to prove the Lord’s promises. A promise that we read in the Book of Mormon (I like both 2 Nephi 31 and Moroni 10) and pray for an answer on whether the Book of Mormon is true. Another is that we attended the Church of Jesus Christ where we can feel the Holy Spirit. And then, we must pray about the truthfulness of these things with sincerity and true intention. I know this Church is true. Everyone may know this for yourself too.

I’m learning a little Portuguese. It’s a bit more useful than Guarani. Unless they send me back to the country, Guarani sentences are sufficient. I don’t have much news, but every day I can make a difference in my life. Every day I learn a little more about the Lord. I’m still getting accustomed to life in the city. But this has been a good change for me. I love being a missionary of the Lord. There are many blessings in missionary work. Can I give you a suggestion? If you help in missionary work, you, yes, you, will receive more blessings. I promise. I also pledge that your ward, branch, stake, district, community will improve and everyone will be happier and have more joy. It may be a bit difficult in the beginning, but you have to persevere. You can experience the happiness and love that we have in this work. I’m experiencing this every day. I wish you may experience these feelings too.

Your week sounds like a good week. I was glad that all is well with you. Thank you very much for all the cards. Please forgive me if I cannot answer quickly. I’m trying to answer everything. But with the missing letter and the time it takes to write and send is difficult for me. But I will try and do my best to answer. Please, if you sent me a letter and I haven’t answered, tell my parents that I can be better informed. Thanks for all your love and faith in me. All of you make a big difference in my life. I love your letters and news. Have a great week! Much love !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

With hope of Paraguay,

Elder David Watson

Now... for the Spanish...

Hola Familia!

No tengo mucho tiempo hoy - tuve que ir a la oficina por una entrevista con Presidente Callan. Como siempre, horarios no estvieron en horario, pero, tengo que aprovechar del tiempo que tengo.

Ésta semana pasada hubo estado muy bien. Tuvimos seis investigadores en la Iglesia ayer, uno que ya tiene un fecha bautismal. Vamos a trabajar con los otros investigadores que tenemos. Ellos son muy buenos, y estoy animado para trabajar con estas familias. Son muy intersados en como ellos pueden mejorar sus vidas y el estado de sus familias. He visto las bendiciones del Evangelio de Jesucrito en sus vidas ya. Ellos estan mas feliz, unidas, y tienen una razon para esforzarse a vivir con nuestro Padre Celestíal déspues esta vida. Ésta razon es que tenemos cinco cosas que necesitamos cumplir durante nuestras vidas. Estas cosas son: fe en el Señor Jesucristo, el arrepentimiento de nuestros pecados, el bautismo para la remision de nuestros pecado por alguien que tenga la autoridad y poder de Dios, la recepción del Espíritu Santo por la imposición de las manos arriba de la cabeza, y perservar, o ser fieles, hasta el fin de nuestras vidas. Sé que estas cosas hacen una diferencía. Esta diferencía puede ayudarnos a acercarnos más a nuestro Salvador y tambien a nuestro Padre Celestíal. Sé que la Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de los Últimos Días es la iglesia de Jesucristo. En verdad, hay un Señor, una fe, un bautismo. Estos puedan ser realizados solamente en la iglesia verdedera de Jesucristo. Solamente hay que probar las promesas del Señor. Una promesa es que podemos leer el Libro de Mormon (una parte, no más. Mi parte preferidos son 2 Nefi 31 or Moroni 7) y orar para recibir una respuesta sobre si el Libro de Mórmon es verdadero. Un otro es que asistimos a la Iglesia de Jesucristo, podemos sentir el Espíritu Santo. Y déspues, hay que orar sobre la veracidad de estas cosas con senceridad y verdedera intención. Sé que esta Iglesia es verdadera. Todos pueden saber por si mismo tambien.

Estoy aprendiendo un poco de Portugues. Es un poco mas útil que Guarani. A menos que me envie otra vez al campo, frases de Guaraní son suficientes. No tengo muchas noticias acá, pero cada día yo puedo distinguir una diferencía en mi vida. Cada día estoy un poco más acerca del Señor. Todovía estoy acostombrándome a la vida de la ciudad. Pero, este cambio ha estado mi cambio preferido hasta ahorra. Me encanta ser un misionero del Señor. Hay muchas bendiciones en la obra misional. Puedo dar una sugerencía? Si ustedes ayudan en la obra misional, ustedes, si o si, van a recibir más bendeciones. Les prometo. Tambien les prometo que su barrio, rama, estaca, distrito, comunidad va a mejorar y todos van a estar mas feliz y tener mas gozo. Quizas va a estar un poco díficil en el principio, pero, hay que perservar. Hay mucho feliz y amor que podemos tener en esta obra. Yo estoy experimentando esto cada día. Me gustaría que ustedes pueden experimentar estos sentimientos tambien.

Su semana suena como una buena semana. Me alegré que todo está bien con ustedes. Muchas gracias por todas las cartas. Perdóname, por favor, si no puedo contestar rapido. Estoy intentando a contestar todo. Pero, con la carta perdida y el tiempo que toma para escribir y enviar es un gran dificultdad para mí. Pero, voy a procurar y hacer mi mejor para contestar. Por favor, si alguien me envió una carta y todovia no le contesté, diga a mis padres para que yo pueda saber bien. Gracias por todo de su amor y fe que tienen en mí. Todos de ustedes hacen una gran diferencía en mi vida. Me encanta sus cartas y noticias. ¡Que tengan una semana excelente! Mucho amor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Con esperanza de Paraguay,

Elder David Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment