Thursday, August 26, 2010

Still in Lucerito and with Elder Silva - YEA!

Hey y’all!

Wow! Sounds like your week was a little different for once! Woo hoo! My English is officially horrible, so please excuse me if something I say doesn’t make sense. I got a letter from Crystal Yokom the other day! Thanks! It’s great to hear how everyone is doing! That’s exciting that you’ve been able to make some progress with the family history! I’m excited that you got your classes that you wanted to teach Mom! Woo hoo!

This past week was alright! We didn’t have any changes between Elder Silva and I, but one of the missionaries from the ward got transferred to San Ygnacio. Another Peruano came, Elder Vinces, so I’m still with three other Latinos in the house. It’s really great for my Spanish, but not so much for my English. But that’s alright! English isn’t so important. The work has been progressing, slowly, but that’s how it goes sometimes. Elder Silva and I teach well together, so it’s another opportunity to learn and grow. He’s already received his papers to send to the office in preparation to go home (in Feb). It’s weird to think that he’ll be gone in a few months. It’s weird to think that I’ve been here in Paraguay for 6 months and that but the end of this change, I’ll have 9 months completed in the mission. It still seems like yesterday I went into the MTC. From everything I’ve heard and experienced, time only goes faster from here on out, so I’d better make the best out of each opportunity that I’ve got! :)

Well, time is about up for me. I love being here in Paraguay and being a servant of the Lord. I’m learning so much each and every day. There’s not a day that goes by that something happens and I know that this is the Lord’s work. I really do know that Heavenly Father answers prayers and that we can receive guidance in our everyday lives. I hope that everything is going awesome! God be with you! Chau!

Elder David Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment