Monday, September 20, 2010

Joy - Bringing Souls to Christ!


Hola Familia!

How’s everyone? Things are just fine here. It sounds like you’re having a ball! Especially with In-n-Out. Woo hoo! That’s exciting that there are some new families in the ward. I’m sure that they are still getting accustomed to life in Fillmore, but that’s how we all are with change. If there is one thing that is constant in life, it’s change. I’ve sure learned that! But, truthfully, there is another constant in our lives too, and that is our Heavenly Father and His love for us. Just thought I throw that in there to mess with the popular saying. :)

Well... what’s new? Oh! Alejandro was able to go to the temple this weekend! That was exciting! It bummed me out that I couldn’t go with him, but he enjoyed the experience with all of the youth in the ward. I’m glad he was able to go and enjoy the peace and joy that the temple brings in our lives. It’s been so awesome to see him grow and progress. I really am beginning to understand the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants how much joy we can have to see one soul come unto Christ, and how much more we can have if we bring even more souls unto Him. It is a testimony to me to see how the Holy Ghost works in our lives and helps us to come closer to our Heavenly Father. I love being able to learn from the scriptures daily and have the assurance that I can ask my Father in Heaven if these things are true. We can have full faith and trust in Him and put our confidence that He will help us to where He wants us to be.

Also we had the temple president who came to visit us in our ward this Sunday. It was great to hear from him and his wife about their experiences with the temple. He gave a challenge for the ward to visit the temple as often as possible, as we are only about an hour away from it. The youth have plans to go every Thursday and as a ward 2 times per month. It was also great to hear the testimonies of the youth about how going to the temple has strengthened their faith in Jesus Christ and has helped them in their everyday lives.

Well... this is a short letter this week. I just don’t have anything to say today. I promise to write a better letter next week. I hope everything is going well for everyone! Have an AMAZING week!

Love you!

Elder David Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment