Thursday, November 18, 2010

Changes Came and Went, We are Still the Same.

Hola!

How are you? Everything good? I hope so! 23 cakes? Mom, I thought that you were 21?!?!? Something’s not right... and I thought I was majoring in math... ;). That is awesome to hear that Brother Freeman got called to the high council and that Brother Conaway is working with the bishopric! Changes are always exciting and the Lord always makes them with many reasons in mind. I always thought that when I was called to be an assistant financial clerk at BYU that somehow I wasn’t as good as some of the others who were called as Elders Quorum President or something “higher”, but I realized that I learned many things that the people here in Paraguay needed. Maybe I thought before that I wasn’t as good, but really the Lord had something different in mind. Not to mention to lower my pride... hahaha. Humility is something hard to have... :).

Anyway, things are going good. I am feeling better... it took me almost the whole week to get better, but better I did get. Whew. Our district was not affected by any changes except for our District Leader, who is my old Zone Leader Elder Rodriguez. He’s is pretty awesome. :)  I am still here in Encarnacion, more specifically Curumbaty (I think that is how you spell it), with Elder Lamb as my companion. Life is going pretty great. I love being a missionary and learning what it’s like to learn from the Holy Ghost. Reading the scriptures everyday has been so awesome for me. Then when we are teaching and I get to use the scriptures that I studied that morning with the people we are teaching, it is amazing. The Lord knows what the people need, and as His servants, we are guided to study and prepare for the needs of every person so that they can come even closer to Christ. I don’t have any exciting stories to tell, just the red dust on my shoes from walking and talking with the people of Paraguay. It really is amazing to see how the Lord has prepared everything but still lets us make our choices to see if we will be obedient to His commandments and qualify for the blessing He has for us.

Well, I have run out of time. I love you all! I will try to write more next week! Chaucito! LES AMO!

Elder David Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment