Monday, November 29, 2010

I love Teaching Families

Hola familia!

Hey! How’s it going? Sounds like you had an awesome week! I only remembered about thanksgiving because one of the members who served a mission in Uruguay asked me if the day of thanks had gone by. Oops... hahaha. Different culture, what can I say? ;) Wow!?! Bret Tomas got his Eagle Scout? Awesome! I’m sure it was great to catch up with the people back in Burbank… Too cool. That would have been fun to go to. Also it would have been fun to see that family madness of Thanksgiving.

Weelllll, this week went good. I am really excited that we are teaching a few families. For me it’s a whole lot better to teach a family and see them progress and make changes in their life and see the blessings that come from living the Gospel. For the most part we are really trying to find less actives and help them come back to church. We have had some success and it’s great to see more people come to where they belong. Sometimes all it takes is in invitation, be it from a member or a missionary. Some of the members went to visit people last Sunday and this Sunday some of those people came back. With all of the work that I have done with less actives, many times they still know that the church is true and have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. It’s just that something happened, they stopped going to church, and many times are nervous that if they go back someone will ask why they haven’t been coming. We can show our love to them and they will feel the spirit and receive the blessings of living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Well I have run out of things to say today. I am really thankful for everything that you do for me. I can never thank you enough for your love and support in what I do. I hope that life is going great for you! Take care of yourselves. LOVE YOU! Chau!


Elder David Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment