Monday, January 24, 2011

January is almost over?

Hola Familia!

Wow! Sounds like a busy week you had mom! It’s great to hear that everything is going great! Jacob’s gone? WOW! Time just flew by! I was thinking that he just got his mission call. Something like Elder Watson said… I can’t believe that it’s already the end of January. And that the next changes are coming up. Which makes me think a little because within the next 6 months, 70 odd missionaries go home, or more than a 3rd of the mission, and almost all of them are leaders. I’ve been here in Encarn for 3 changes, which is normal for a change, but I don’t want to go. Really. We just found a family that is really awesome. The members are awesome. The next baptism we will have will be the middle of February, which is another reason why I don’t want to go. But the Lord knows best, so I will put my faith and trust in Him and what’s going to happen. :)

This week was a little hard, to tell the truth. A lot of our investigators we just could not find at home if our lives depended on it. But, it has been a lot of fun helping Elder Hatch learn and progress as a missionary. For example, we were walking by a few houses and he told me that we should… what’s the word in English… knock on the door? In Spanish it is touch the door (tocar puertas). Haha. But anyway, there was a guy who came out, invited us to pass, and we started teaching. And he and his wife, who we talked with later, are preparing to be baptized! He even has a guitar, which he let me play “I Am A Child of God” on… that was pretty cool… I miss my guitar… haha. So we will be working a lot with them. I am excited. :) We don’t have anything new this week new coming up… next week I should be going to Asunción for a training meeting. That’ll be fun.

So ya, that’s boring old me. We’ll try to find a way to make something amazing happen this week. Thank you all for everything. I really am trying my best to get around to writing letters, in my area it is a little hard because we have to travel every P-day to go buy food, do internet, talk with the other missionaries. But I’ll find a way. :). Keep up fighting the good fight. Keep on reading the scriptures, praying every day, and going to church! That really is what builds a testimony. You just don’t notice it. :). Please have the faith in God and the trust in Him to change your life. Nobody likes changes, but God wants something better for you. Of course we can’t see what is going to happen, but God knows. And if He knows everything, and He is letting you know that you need to change something in your life, please do it. I’ve seen too many people who let the fear take control. With God, nothing is impossible. Never believe we don’t have to change something. That’s just a sneaky little lie that stops us from becoming more like Jesus Christ. No one is perfect, but God wants us to make the effort. If you just try your best, that is what counts. Please just trust in our Heavenly Father. Ask Him what is right. Ask Him for guidance. Don’t feel helpless because you don’t want to change or someone says you shouldn’t change. Our Heavenly Father knows the best route for us, and it is in Him we need to listen to and obey. He will never lie to us or lead us astray. I promise. :)

Anyway, that’s time. I love you! CHAU!

Elder David Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment