Monday, January 17, 2011

Miracles Happen!

Hola Familia

Wow... what a week!!!! It’s great  to hear how everything is going at home. I remembered about all of that high school stuff.   Boy am I glad it’s over. [We told them about counting the ballots for the Winter King/Queen at Vasquez High] Ward Conference with President Watson! YEAH! A mi me gusta! I like that! :) It sounds like it went really well!

Well, we had a baptism this week! It was such a miracle. The daughter of a less active family that lives out in the middle of nowhere, like an hour and a half walking from the house, got baptized. We had the help of so many members because the mom gets home at 8 or 9 at night, so on Wednesday we got driven out to go get the baptismal form signed and filled out and everything, then on Thursday we went with the District Leader to go do the interview, Friday made the hike out again, and Saturday came around. We went to go fill up the baptismal font, only to find out that it was already filled with water from... a long time ago. So we started emptying it out with the machine, which is really slow, and with random pots we had found to empty it out. And there are random water outages where we live so we started up filling the font until the water stopped with 3 inches... uh oh. Our branch president was working about 4 hours away from the chapel and he has the key to the water tank. So we left to go visit a few families, and then came back early. The President came back about 7, when the baptism was supposed to start, we started filling up the tank. Nobody came until about 8 due to collectivos, and then everything came out alright. All I can say is that prayers work and there are miracles that happen. :) Woo hoo! I will send pictures next week! :)

It’s is REALLY hot here and it’s getting even hotter. At least that’s what they tell me. But that’s alright. I just drink water like a camel. Something that is really funny is that everybody either sleeps or gets in the shade during the summer. It’s like a ghost town really... but the Par a guayans take their siesta seriously... hahhaa.

Like what Elder Watson said last week, I too have been thinking about all of the ‘best’ missionaries that I had met over the years and their influence in my life. I hope that I can get to be to their level. That’d be so cool! Woo ho!!! :)

Anyway, that’s about it for this week. I love you! Take care of yourselves! CHAU!!!!

Con cariño,

Elder David Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment