Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference was GREAT!

Dear Family!

Just like to start off with WOW! What a weekend! Loved it! I truly enjoyed all 5 sessions of conference (Even Priesthood, but man I was tired after! Way past my bedtime!) It was truly inspirational and just solidifies my testimony of the truthfulness of the message I share with everyone! I’ll get back to it later!

That’s great to hear that you had a quiet week. I’m sure running around all the time gets pretty tiring and as a youth we ran you around ragged. Hehe.

I did understand Flat Stanley and that is actually pretty cute! I am sure he is going to love it. Wow!

Brian is already going on the mission? WOW! Way to go Sean! Send my congratulations and support! The mission isn’t easy but it is SO worth it! I’m excited for them! It’s too bad I can’t give them a huge hug!

Why in the world did Dad scan those pictures? Oh speaking of old hairdos, in between conference on Sunday I got the chance to watch a bit and saw some of the old church videos from the 70’s and 80’s. It was fun! Also, I saw people from BYU that I knew! The first was Cecilia M. Peek, my professor of Classics! The next was Justin Su’a, who played baseball for the Y and was one of my baseball camp ‘coaches’ while he played there a few years back. It was fun to see him in his role as institute and religion professor (I think! I could be wrong about his title). I also recognized several of the other professor’s names, like Brothers Ludlow and Brown. It was kinda cool but weird! I was thinking... HEY! I know those people!! Cool! Hahaha...

The past week went by without any huge events other than traveling to Asuncion for interviews with President Callan. We’ve been working hard trying to find the people who the Lord has prepared here in Acahay. It’s just a little tough sometimes to find them, but with the Lord’s help, we will do it!

General conference was just so inspiring! I loved it! I went crazy taking notes! I had the opportunity to listen to all but one the sessions in English, which made it so much more powerful! Every session had powerful messages! I can’t believe I didn’t pay as much attention before! It’s a storehouse of wisdom, knowledge and counsel!!!! It’s so awesome! I really enjoyed the talks of the apostles and first presidency, especially Elder Scott, President Eyring, President Monson, President Uchtdorf. Elder Holland, Elder Dallin H Oaks, Elder Packer, and Elder Perry, and Elder Christofferson. Not in any particular order. I just loved it! They talked about tithing (have faith and do it right away!), Sabbath day observance (all day long), diligence (through trials and difficult times), dignity (not cafeteria choosing!), marriage (it was a popular topic that did catch my attention too...), priesthood power (living below our privileges and abilities), and testimonies (Elder Samuelson Jr). Also, how you CAN’T have it your way in this life if we want to live with our Heavenly Father, the only way is HIS way. Elder Scott’s message was really touching as he talked about his family and past... He just has so much love towards them! This is just off the top of my head so I can’t be too specific. I’d love to but than it would turn into a report... hahaha. I am so excited to be able use all of these to help the people here in Paraguay! Purete! Awesome!

We have a baptism and marriage coming up this week, and it will be in the river! It’s going to be AWESOME. Yeah! I’m pumped! :)

I do hope that everyone enjoyed conference as much as I did! I found it truly inspiring! I pray that everyone does feel the love of the Lord in their lives as He guides us according to His will and how much we let him. I testify that He will guide us in all that we let him and if we have sufficient faith and ask for His help and do EVERYTHING we can. I love you all! Take care of yourselves! CHAU!

LOVE YOU!

Elder David Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment